Privacy & Security
Last updated: September 4, 2019
In 1920, Eddie Bauer wrote his business creed, a statement explaining the services he'd provide for his customers. We still follow this same creed today: "To give you such outstanding quality, value, service and guarantee that we may be worthy of your high esteem." Here at Eddie Bauer, we take this promise seriously and we firmly believe in your privacy and the security of your personal information. We are committed to using any information you give us in a responsible manner. You're very important to us and we want to provide you with a safe and secure online experience.
When we use the term “personal information” in this Policy, we mean information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, such as an individual’s full name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, payment information, and location information. When other data (such as consumer preferences) is directly associated with such information, we also treat this other data as personal information.
- What information does Eddie Bauer collect about me?
- How do you use my information?
- To whom do you disclose my information?
- Companies other than Eddie Bauer
- What are "cookies" and how does Eddie Bauer use them?
- Your Rights and Choices
- California Privacy Rights
- How is my information protected?
- How to Report Fraud
- Children's Policy
- Changes to this Privacy Statement
- Contact Information
- Unsubscribe From Eddie Bauer
What information does Eddie Bauer collect about me?
We may collect different kinds of information from or about you:
- Information you provide: When you purchase from Eddie Bauer or request a catalog, we collect information that you volunteer: your name, email address, postal address, phone number, payment information, and other information necessary to process your order or send you the catalog. We also collect the information you provide to us when you register for "My Account," participate in a contest or sweepstakes promotion, fill out a survey or questionnaire, or contact us (for example via email, "Ask Eddie" or "Live Chat"). The information you supply to us is added to our customer database.
- Information about use of our website: Every time you visit our website, we automatically collect your Internet service provider's address, the Web page from which you came, and a record of your activity on our site. We may gather some of this information automatically.
- Information about visits to retail locations: We use mobile location analytics technology at our U.S. retail spaces to gain aggregate insights about customer behavior. The data collected is anonymous and works by sensing the presence of Wi-Fi enabled devices. This technology collects and hashes Media Access Control (MAC) addresses from Wi-Fi enabled devices that come in contact with our network equipment. In addition, this technology collects signal strength, time and date, the manufacturer of the device, and the name of a Wi-Fi network currently connected to the device, if applicable. A MAC address is a unique identifier assigned to every mobile device and is not the device's phone number. Collection of mobile location information only occurs when a device's Wi-Fi setting is turned on.
- Information from third parties: We may collect information from third parties, including business partners and marketing agencies. This may include your contact information from marketing partners when we engage in joint marketing or co-branding activities, your IP address or location information from service providers to offer certain products and services relevant to you or your location, and data from your social networks to authenticate your product use with us, or that you grant permission to our products or services to access.
We may combine information we collect in different ways, and combine it in your customer profile.
How do you use my information?
Generally speaking, we use personal information to provide, improve, and develop our products and services, to communicate with you, to offer you targeted advertisements, and to protect us and our users.
- Eddie Bauer collects, processes, and determines how to process your personal information for the following purposes:Communicating with you: We may use your personal information to communicate with you and process your requests, accounts, or orders, and to inform you about our policies and terms. These communications allow us to provide you the products and/or services you have requested, and relate to the relationship between you and us. Please note: In order to process your purchases we may send you a confirmation email or we may contact you by mail or telephone if we have questions about your order. If you do not want to receive such mailings or telephone calls from us, please click here for contact information or call 1-800-426-8020.
- Informing you about products or services that may be of interest:With your prior consent, we may use personal information to send you marketing communications; for example, we may periodically send you emails about new products and services, discounts, special promotions or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive such emails in the future, please click here for contact information, or click the "unsubscribe" link on any promotional email you receive from us. Also with your prior consent, we may share your personal information with third-party partners who may send you marketing communications in relation to their products and services. If you wish to have your name and address not shared with other organizations, please contact us or call 1-800-426-8020.
- Providing, improving, and developing our products and services: We use your information to help us provide, improve, and develop our services, which is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interest and provide you with quality services and products. The information we receive allows us to tailor our product offerings and improve your shopping experience, making shopping easier and more enjoyable. It also enables us to customize the content and layout of our pages. We also use mobile location analytics technology to develop anonymous and aggregated reporting and gain a better understanding of our customers' preferences. This information might be used, for example, to improve our store layouts or the timing of promotions and sales. If you wish to opt out of participation and delete existing mobile location data, please click here or call 1-800-426-8020.
- Promoting safety and security: We use your information to pursue our legitimate interest in helping verify accounts and user activity, as well as in promoting safety and security, such as by monitoring fraud, investigating suspicious or potentially illegal activity or violations of our terms or policies, protecting our rights, or pursuing available remedies.
To whom do you disclose my information?
We make certain information available to strategic partners that work with us to provide our products and services or help us market to customers.
- Corporate Affiliates and Corporate Business Transactions: We may share information with our affiliated companies. In the event of a merger, reorganization, acquisition, joint venture, assignment, spin-off, transfer, or sale or disposition of all or any portion of our business, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings, we may transfer any and all personal information to the relevant third party.
- Legal Compliance and Security: In certain special cases, we may disclose your personal information when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify or contact you, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to you, Eddie Bauer, or someone else. We may disclose your personal information when we believe the law requires it, in response to any demand by law enforcement authorities in connection with a criminal investigation, in response to civil or administrative authorities in connection with a pending civil case, governmental authorities or administrative investigation, or in connection with an investigation conducted by Eddie Bauer.
Companies other than Eddie Bauer
For more information, including privacy policies, regarding such companies please see that company's home page and click on their Information link; or review the customer service section of any catalog you may receive from that company.
What are "cookies" and how does Eddie Bauer use them?
A "cookie" is a small data file stored on your computer. At Eddie Bauer, we place a unique identifier in the cookie and use the cookie to connect your computer with the information we store for you in our database. Some examples of the data we store in our database includes your account preferences, items added to your shopping bag, user- specific information on pages accessed, and previous visits to our site. Through cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies, we may alert you to new areas that we think might be of interest to you when you return to our site; record past activity at our site; provide advertisements that are tailored to your interests; or, customize Web page content.
Your browser or device may offer settings that allow you to choose whether browser cookies are set and to delete them. For more information about these controls and to exercise your cookie preferences, visit your browser or device’s help material. By choosing to accept an Eddie Bauer cookie you allow us to maintain the preferences stored in your Eddie Bauer "My Account" and process your order. If you choose not to accept the cookie, you will not be able to use certain features of our website and services, including making purchases on the Eddie Bauer site.
If you are shopping Eddie Bauer and are having difficulty adding products to your shopping bag or completing your order, please check your privacy settings in your browser. If you do not wish to change your privacy settings to "Medium" and you are currently using the "Medium High" or "High" settings, you may choose to override your current cookie handling practices for individual sites that you specify, including eddiebauer.com. Please click here for instructions on how to override your normal cookie handling practices. If you prefer not to change your privacy settings or override your cookie handling practices, you can, as always, place your order by phone at 1-800-426- 8020.
Your Rights and Choices
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. Depending on where you live, you may have the rights described below.
You have the right to access, correct, or delete the personal information that we collect. You are also entitled to object to or restrict, at any time, the further processing of your personal information. You have the right to receive your personal information in a structured and standard format.
To protect the privacy and the security of your personal information, we may request information from you to enable us to confirm your identity and right to access such information, as well as to search for and provide you with the personal information we maintain. There are instances where applicable laws or regulatory requirements allow or require us to refuse to provide or delete some or all of the personal information that we maintain.
You may contact us to exercise your rights. We will respond to your request in a reasonable timeframe, and in any event in less than 30 days. You may also lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority regarding the processing of your personal information.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. You may contact us to exercise your rights. If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and you are a registered user of our products or services, California law permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please contact us with specific information about where the content or information is posted and attesting that you posted it. We will then make reasonable, good faith efforts to remove the post from prospective public view, or anonymize it so you cannot be individually identified, to the extent required by applicable law. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
How is my information protected?
We have implemented physical, technological, and organizational safeguards and security measures designed to protect against the loss, misuse, or unauthorized access or disclosure of your personal information under our control. We also take measures to protect the personal information we disclose to third parties, for example by entering into contractual agreements stipulating the confidentiality of the information and the purposes for which it is to be used. Please be aware that, despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. You can help us by protecting and keeping your passwords safe at all times, and not using the same password for different applications or sites. You also can protect yourself and help us reduce the risk of fraud by promptly notifying us if you suspect that your credit card, user name or password is lost, stolen or used without permission. In the event of a security breach, we will promptly notify you and the proper authorities if required by law.
We will retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
How to Report Fraud
You can help us identify attempts at fraud.
Eddie Bauer will never ask you for sensitive personal information in an email.
If you receive a suspicious email appearing to come from Eddie Bauer, such as one requesting that you confirm personal information like your credit card number, or if you have received an email implying that it has been sent by Eddie Bauer after you have Opted Out of receipt of Eddie Bauer emails, you may forward the suspicious email to email@example.com.
You should not respond directly to suspicious email. And do not click on or open any hyperlink embedded in the suspicious email.
There are a few common features of fraudulent emails that can help you identify them as spam. The two most frequent are:
- receiving an email that contains mistakes such as misspelled words or grammatical errors, and
- receiving an email that asks for your confidential information or asks you to take immediate action on your account.
We encourage all of our customers to protect themselves and their information:
- do not share your credentials or account information with any third party, and
- make sure that your system is properly patched, running anti-virus and a personal firewall.
If you have already provided information in response to a suspicious email that appeared to have been sent by Eddie Bauer, you may report the suspicious email by forwarding it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for helping us monitor and prevent fraud.
We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose information from children under 18. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 18 we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. Please immediately contact us if you become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with personal information.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We may periodically change this Privacy Statement and expect most changes to be minor. Any non-material changes will take effect immediately upon posting of an updated Privacy Statement. For any significant changes to the Privacy Statement, we will provide you with a prominent notice of such changes.
Where applicable, your continued use of our Site after the effective date of this Privacy Statement means that you accept the revised Privacy Statement. If you do not agree to the revised Privacy Statement, please refrain from using our website.
Feel free to contact us for any reason, including a request to be added to or taken off a list, or if you have any questions or concerns. Please note: When you contact us, please provide your name and address exactly as it appears on correspondence you have received from us.
By Postal Mail
Eddie Bauer Customer Service
P.O. Box 7001
Groveport, OH 43125
Call 24-hours a day at 1-800-426-8020
Communications from Eddie Bauer
To Unsubscribe from Eddie Bauer Email
If for any reason you would like to unsubscribe from our email program, please follow the instructions below:
Eddie Bauer Email
- Simply click the Unsubscribe link provided at the bottom of
every email you receive.
- Send us an email via our Contact Us form.
EDDIE BAUER MAIL AND TELEMARKETING PREFERENCES
If you prefer not to receive Eddie Bauer catalogs from us, please contact us or call 1-800-426-8020. Please include your full name and mailing address as it appears on your catalog. We will remove your name from our mailing list as soon as possible. Please recognize that you may receive another catalog before we are able to remove you. If you wish to be placed on our " Do Not Call " list, please let us know during the call, contact us or call 1-800-426-8020.