MicroTherm® FreeFuse™ Stretch Down Hooded Jacket
- First Ascent
- StormRepel Super DWR
- Fill Power
The next generation of our best-selling MicroTherm ultralight, this new hoodie features FreeFuse construction. Traditionally, inner and outer layers of fabric are stitched together and then quilted with additional stitching. But this jacket is made with a single sheet of fabric that's folded over and woven together in discontinuous channels to hold the down. This cutting-edge technique saves weight, maximizes breathability, helps reduce cold spots, and minimizes down migration.
The nylon/spandex stretch shell provides exceptional mobility and features a super-durable water-repellent finish that beads moisture. High-loft Premium Down insulation delivers sub-zero warmth in mere ounces.
- StormRepel® Super DWR, our longest lasting moisture-shedding finish
- 800 fill Responsible Down Standard (RDS) down, certified by Control Union More About RDS
- FreeFuse™ discontinuous channel-weave construction to enhance breathability and eliminate cold spots
- Three exterior secure zip pockets
- Adjustable drawcord hem dials in the fit
- Packs into left hand pocket
- Length, Reg Medium: 28.5" | Weight: 16.5 oz | Down Fill Weight: 3.3 oz
- Active. An athletic fit. Close to the body without restricting mobility. Designed to fit over baselayers and lightweight midlayers.
- 85% nylon/15% spandex
Wear it With
- Yes, I recommend this productSeaToSummitGender MaleHeightTypeActivityPros Comfort, Easy Care, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsNew favorite layerNov 12, 2020
New favorite down coat. Replaced the microtherm in my go to layering kit. This is warmer, and has a good amount of stretch. So far it seems more breathable despite not having stitch lines. I get a lot of comments on it, and there's currently nothing like it from any other brand at this level of performance, value, and versatility.
- Yes, I recommend this productzamjrGender MaleHeightType RegularActivityClimbingPros Comfort, Easy Care, Fit, QualityConsBest jacket for Himalayan mountains high peakOct 30, 2020
Be the first to ask a question.